Crafting Leadership Excellence, a Leadership Development Series
Leadership is a skill that can be learned and nurtured. It is a byproduct of self-discovery, learning from one’s mistakes, learning from respected leaders, and being mentored by an experienced leader.
Crafting Leadership Excellence
A Leadership Journey for Current and Aspiring Executives
Leadership Development Series description
There is no such thing as a “born leader.” Instead, Authentic Leadership is a learned skill that results from learning about and becoming a better version of oneself.
Designed for the Hybrid Workplace, this hands-on series will teach high-potential employees to become more influential and competent leaders. Every class has actionable lessons you can apply immediately in your role.
Duration: 12 Classes
Course Format: Crafting Leadership Excellence is a live leadership development course of 12 classes of 2 1/2 hours each. The ideal frequency options are one class every other week for 24 weeks or one class monthly for 12 months.
Objective: To develop influential leaders who can lead and innovate within the credit union sector, foster organizational growth, and enhance member satisfaction.
Cost: $5,000 per participant, Minimum of 5 participants, maximum of 20 participants.
Pre-Program Assignment: Each participant will complete the Leadership Self-Assessment (provided) and return it to Rich@Leading2Leadership.com. Rich Jones will schedule a 50-minute one-to-one mentoring session with each participant to review.
Meeting 1: Authentic Leadership
- Understanding the credit union movement and the role of Leadership.
- Learn the characteristics of an Authentic Leader
- Analyze how to become an Authentic Leader
- Producing results as an Authentic Leader
Meeting 2: Leadership Fundamentals
- Leadership styles and theories.
- Effective communication and active listening.
- Decision-making and problem-solving techniques.
- Learn how others perceive your Leadership.
Meeting 3: Financial Acumen
- Understanding financial statements.
- Understanding the Key Ratios.
- Risk management and financial stability.
- Financial decision-making and investment strategies.
Meeting 4: Strategic Thinking
- Developing a Strategic Mindset.
- Strategic planning for credit unions.
- Developing and communicating a clear vision and mission.
- SWOT analysis and strategic planning.
Meeting 5: Leading with EQ and Core Values
- Identify what values you want to consider adopting.
- Assessing your EQ (Emotional Quotient.)
- Understanding the power of influence.
- Improve your ability to influence others.
Meeting 6: Effective Communication
- Communication styles and strategies.
- Storytelling and effective message delivery.
- Active listening and feedback.
- Managing conflict and difficult conversations.
Meeting 7: Team Building and Employee Engagement in a Hybrid Ecosystem
- Building and motivating a high-performance team.
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership.
- Creating a positive culture and conflict resolution.
- Talent management and succession planning.
Meeting 8: Innovation and Change Management
- Fostering a culture of innovation.
- Fintech partnerships and collaborations
- Managing resistance to change.
- Continuous improvement and adaptability.
Meeting 9: Mentorship and Career Development
- Identifying and connecting with mentors and peers.
- Career planning and succession pathways.
- Building a personal brand as a leader.
- Networking and industry involvement.
Meeting 10: Ethical Leadership and Compliance
- Ethical decision-making.
- Building trust and influence
- Compliance and regulatory ethics.
- Codes of conduct and governance.
Meeting 11: Personal Leadership Development
- Work-life balance and well-being.
- Resilience and stress management.
- Building allies and cohorts.
- Goal setting and action planning.
Meeting 12: Program Graduation and Ongoing Development
- Graduation ceremony and recognition.
- Reflection on personal and professional growth.
- Ongoing learning and continuous improvement plans.
- Alumni network and continued support.
What are people saying?
“I first met Rich in 2017, and I immediately recognized him as someone I wanted to learn from. Since then, he has been a wonderful mentor, helping me navigate my career, correct blind spots, and improve my leadership skills. Rich’s diverse background and experience position him as an expert in guiding complex problems. In addition, he has an extensive background in financial services, specifically in marketing, data analytics, and strategic planning. As a result, Rich has helped me prepare for career advancement opportunities, recently moving into a C-Level role. Rich’s thoughtful guidance has helped me become a better leader, and he has challenged me to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I began working with Rich in 2019 to improve my emotional intelligence. I aimed to learn to be an influential leader and improve my relationships and communication. Rich gave me tools, resources, and dialog to meet my goals. In addition, he challenged me to grow and truly learn how to listen to understand, which is the key to emotional intelligence and influence. Under Rich’s guidance, I gained self-awareness and an improved ability to build and maintain relationships.”
“Building your bench doesn’t happen automatically. It takes intentionality. And as we teach our clients, there is a big difference between being a manager and a leader. So, if you are looking for managers to become leaders, I highly recommend this course from Rich Jones. He knows Leadership, and most importantly, he knows how to develop your leaders.”